Reply To: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE

September 18, 2018 at 10:54 pm #411
Collen
Participant

My name is collen I am working for Matkovitch golf course maintenance at eagle canyon golf course at honeydew.i am a head greenkeeper. I have just been given this opportunity by Matkovich and I really appreciated and I’m going to work hard to prove myself. I have been in this industry from 2005 I was working for turftek(division of servest) as machine operator and got promoted to be spray technician.unfortunetly In 2008 turftek left and i remain under club and is where I got opportunity to be superviser,in 2010 I got opportunity again to be assistant superintendent.in 2015 the club decided to outsource the greenkeeping staff and is where I got opportunity to work for Matkovich and I continued as assistant until now when I get this opportunity to be head greenkeeper. I really like to work in golf courses maybe is becouse I never do any work or work for any industry besides mainteining turf.our big challenge in our golf course is poa, but as we started a poa cure applications on our greens I believe we will get rid of it one day.God bless