Reply To: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE

September 16, 2018 at 12:15 pm #410
Johannes
Participant

My name is Johannes. I am working at one of the biggest golf course in South Africa Silver Lakes golf course in Pretoria. I work as Assistant superintendent and Head of irrigation. 12 years in the industry, started working at Euphoria golf course in 2006 as a general worker during the the contraction of the golf course under the company called Topturf ,continue with Topturf till the maintenance of the golf course, 2008 I was appointed as a irrigation Tech, is when the love of golf course started.Things didn’t go well then Topturf contract was terminated .2010 I worked for Euphoria as irrigation Tech maintaning the golf course in -House. 2011 I was employed by wallington sports turf which now known as Matkovich golf course maintenance as irrigation Tech then promoted in 2013 given the big responsibility as second in command(Assistant superintendent ),2017 the company transfered me to Silver Lakes to help as Assistant superintendent and Head of irrigation. I enjoy most irrigation because it was the first work responsibility and I love golf course maintenance work because of irrigation, I do great in this job.Poa on greens and bunkers drainage are the biggest challenges.
Thanks.
ALL THE BEST